Ready to take a step toward green? The Green REsource Council has assembled a variety of green resources to help you get started. There are a lot of misconceptions today about the time and money it takes to implement green home features and sustainable lifestyle practices. At the Green REsource Council, we want to set the record straight.
Myth: Going green will cost an arm and a leg.
WRONG! There are a variety of cost-effective ways to green your home and lifestyle that can actually SAVE you money. Discover this and many other reasons why to go green.
Myth: To have a green building, you need to be LEED certified.
WRONG! LEED is setting a standard for existing and new green homes and buildings. You can implement green products and practices into your home or office that reduce energy consumption, save money and save the environment without being LEED rated or certified.
Myth: One person can’t make a difference.
WRONG! We believe that every step towards green is a step in the right direction. Whether you change one habit or your entire way of living, your actions can reduce your carbon footprint and make a world of difference in the long run.
Start greening your business or lifestyle today with these green resources
- Why Go Green: information on the importance of going green
- What is Green Building: what an environmentally friendly building really means and demand drivers in the marketplace
- Find Your Carbon Footprint: tool to measure the impact you have on our climate
- Green Business Network: products, services, and professionals to help you and your clients go green
- Reference Links: associations and agencies working toward a more sustainable future
- Glossary: green words and phrases to add to your vocabulary
Healthy Homes Program Brochure More information about asthma and mold in homes.