The benefits to a green home are twofold—first they are better for the environment, yourself, and your family and, second, they save you money over the life of the home.
Green homes can offer significant financial benefits such as:
- Proper insulation and air sealing will keep your heating and cooling costs lower, while efficient windows, appliances, lighting, and other household equipment will lower your electricity bills.
- Green homes are built with high-quality building materials so they are more durable and require fewer repairs.
- As the market demand continues to rise for green homes, investing in a green home now can mean increased value in the future.
Green homes often include the following additional benefits
- Health benefits: Green homes use toxin-free building materials, utilize natural ventilation, and have fewer problems with mold and mildew, just to name a few.
- Environmentally friendly: Green homes use less energy than comparable standard homes. Often, green homes use alternative energy sources, reducing dependence on conventional energy sources.
- Use fewer natural resources: Green building uses fewer natural resources, and many of the materials used have recycled contents, keeping with the “resource conservation” green principle.
|Did You Know? Green homes use 40 percent less energy than comparable standard homes.|
Copyright © 2011 CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®